Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2013 Maxda 6. Car will not crank with either key fob. Both…

Customer Question
2013 Maxda 6. Car...

2013 Maxda 6. Car will not crank with either key fob. Both fobs will unlock and lock car but when attempting to the push button, nothing at all. The brake pedal also seems to be fully depressed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Replaced both. Also, replaced the car battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Mazda?

2013 Mazda 6 I Touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

At the moment, just tried the basics from the owners manuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Went out of town for a week. Got back this happened last night. My son jump off and took to autozone. They replaced the car battery. Got up this morning, nothing.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/4/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so it sounds like you have a drain on the system, we need to charge up that battery again, install it and perform a amp draw test on the system to find the problem