Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My Mazda cx5 won't start. The security indicator light is…

Customer Question
My Mazda cx5 won't...

My Mazda cx5 won't start. The security indicator light is flashing. My key is on me but I can't even lock or unlock. The auto start button blinks green then turns red with small green light above it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Where do I find the trouble code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Mazda Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your CX-5?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to start it. Fixing myself. It's parked in my garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it. Everything else works except for not starting and inactive key.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

It sounds like your key fob is dead and isn't able to send the signal to the dash that tells the security device that it's ok to start. Do you have a spare key fob you could try?

This did not help. It took too long for a response. I found my answer elsewhere. Not satisfied and would like a refund.
I fixed the problem myself. No calls and no charges!