Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2007 Mazda CX9 w/ smart key. Both smart keys fail to

Customer Question
Second opinion] 2007 Mazda...

Second opinion] 2007 Mazda CX9 w/ smart key. Both smart keys fail to lock/unlock doors with quick access button on door handle or with the key card and car will not start using the cards but only starts with backup key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes all is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Batteries replaced in both key cards. Confirmed that the red light on both key cards come on when attempting a function

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Bought car: Both key cards would lock/unlock from card but not door handle, start car as long as key card was in the passenger compartment, remote start function worked. Replaced: Key fob batteries and rear keyless antenna replaced and all functions worked including door handle button. Now: Neither key card works period and remote start does not work. The only function I have is to start the car with the backup key. Both key cards and remote start remotes show a red light flashing when I use them, however the car gives me no response. Also if I am in the passenger's compartment with the smart key and press the ignition switch in, the key card no longer flashes red. It is almost like the car knows what I am requesting, but the key remotes never get the message from the car itself.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/29/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.