Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I am looking at possibly buying a 2017 Mazda 6 Sport, and…

Customer Question
I am looking at...

I am looking at possibly buying a 2017 Mazda 6 Sport, and have heard that Mazda has had rust issues with the frame and rear wheel wells in the past. Do you know if they have fixed the rust issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

It is brand new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't own a Mazda. Just inquiring about if Mazda has fixed their rust problems. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Overall, is the engine and transmission on the 6 reliable?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/28/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how long are you planning to keep the vehicle and where do you live?

for at least 10 years. I live in Ohio.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

10 years in ohio I'm not sure I would trust a mazda not to rust

they still are prone to rust - not just wheels and frame but body as well.

the vehicle is reasonably reliable but mazda is not known for its rust resistance

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert