Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Have a 2005 Mazda Tribute 4 cylinder, had oil change, drove…

Customer Question
Have a 2005 Mazda...

Have a 2005 Mazda Tribute 4 cylinder, had oil change, drove it then parked, now it won't start. It clicks and engine light was on when they changed the oil earlier

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just today, we bought it a month ago with 115k miles , sorry no noise when you turn the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

We haven't done anything, it just happened an hour ago. I had to pick up my husband where he got stranded

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/28/2017
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** the engine will not crank then I would suspect the battery. I would make sure that the battery cable connections are clean and tight. If they are fine then I would also have the battery load tested. If the battery is fine also then it may have a starter failure. I would definitely suspect the battery though. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything further as I am here to help and strive for an excellent rating. Thank you.

Engine turns over but doesn't start.
I've researched this while waiting for a response from here, and a lot if Mazda Tribute owners had same problem and suggested that it could be the ignition coils at this mileage
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You have four ignition coils, one for each cylinder. All four coils would not fail at the same time.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition. Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?