Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

EVER SINCE IT GOT REALLY COLD OUT, I CLOSE THE DOOR, IT

Customer Question
SEEMS CLOSED TIGHT BUT THE...
EVER SINCE IT GOT REALLY COLD OUT, I CLOSE THE DOOR, IT SEEMS CLOSED TIGHT BUT THE INDICATOR LIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD STAYS LIT UP. WE SPRAYED LUBE ON IT AND IT GOES OFF. BUT THEN IT COMES ON EVERY MORNING AGAIN.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/27/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
Cary York
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you today. There is a door ajar switch built-in to the lock assembly. It can be serviced separately. That is your problem. I have had to replace several of them for that reason.
Mazda Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
You will have to remove the door panel and the latch assembly in order to replace the switch. If you would like I can send you the repair information to remove the latch assembly. And remember please give me a five star rating we can still continue the conversation if we need to.