Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Door lock actuators I believe are a parasitic drain on

Customer Question
Door lock actuators I...

Door lock actuators I believe are a parasitic drain on battery. need to know what leads to test for current drain to determine which is faulty

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
12/27/2017
Mazda Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 month ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Btw, its one with the advanced keyless entry, which I think is what the manuals call the one with the alarm option...

I attached a bullet proof procedure for you to follow to fix this.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nope, not at all helpful. I've already identified which fuse the drain is on. I'm here for specific help with the question I asked.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2009 Mazda6.

It's not a lead that you would be checking, it's the component that isn't cycling off, such as the door lock actuator etc. Unplug everything that is on that circuit until you see the draw go away, then you found the problem. It appears you haven't read this attachment in its' entirety.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have replaced the rear door lock actuators to address the alarm going off in the past (did it myself). I have not done the front doors yet. I am here asking to know which leads to test on the door lock actuator connector to identify a current leak while plugged in. I don't have more than that to go on and I was hoping you had access to the repair tech docs to identify which leads do what. If you don't have that, but you do have the detailed electrical schematics for the "body" fuse connections, that at least would be helpful as I have not found it on the web yet. 2009 Mazda 6
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but that isn't helpful either, because if I unplug it, the cpu of the car will simply turn on all the lights in the interior b/c it treats it as an open door scenario. Hence my original question...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
btw, I did actually scroll to the bottom of that generic current drain check pdf. Odd that it told you I had not.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow. I've never been rebuffed like that.I guess this service is not able to help with specific models of vehicles, that require access to specific maker documentation?
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor