Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Sounds like head gasket and oil blowing up on top of the…

Customer Question
Sounds like head gasket...

Sounds like head gasket and oil blowing up on top of the motor and leaking underneath

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

I'm not sure it's hard to tell it's dark out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2002 Mazda MPV Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing and I'm traveling at hotel

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/25/2017
Mazda Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Master Tech replied 6 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Master Tech

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

excessive crankcase pressure usually comes from bad piston rings. the way you can tell is to have a wet and dry compression test performed to verify.

a head gasket would make the car overheat and coolant in the engine oil

Roy

are you there

I don't see any water in the oil good coils coming out underneath sounds like either a gasket blown oil is coming up on the engine somewhat Blow by
I am here

you need to have the compression test done to verify. too much crankcase pressure will force oil out the gaskets

Roy

Well before this happened when I would turn the engine off I would get the smell of oil burning and some smoke like oil leaking onto the engine passenger side of engine

probably oil hitting on something hot on the motor.

Roy

That's right I'm walking out to go look at the car now or being I mean it's light enough at sea

will be here

Are you still there

yep, answering many questions

Well don't charge me I'm not getting the answers I need thanks anyway

I have gave you answers. you just do not want to believe them.

have a good day

I would like a refund don't charge me

you can contact customer service. we techs do not do money. thats between you and the site