Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I recently tried replacing my factory radio with a newer one…

Customer Question
I recently tried replacing my...
I recently tried replacing my factory radio with a newer one but was unsuccessful as the new one didnt turn on when I tried it. I put the factory radio back and plugged everything back in where it was supposed to. Now my power windows dont work, my radio doesnt work, my windshield wipers and water doesnt work.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/23/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you say you have checked the fuses how did you do this? and what fuses did you check?

I went to the owners manual and located where each of the things I wanted to check were at. So I located where the passenger fuse boii was and took each fuse out individually, and each of the little u circuits were not broken or anything so I'm guessing they were good. The radio one I know worked because when I took it out and put it back in the radio turned on, well not the radio it was the cd player

do you have a multi meter or test light to do some tests?

No I do not

well I dont know how much help I can be with out the proper testing on your end, we will need one of those to continue

Alright so lets say the cause of the problem was the changing of the radios. Is there any wires that would need to be damaged to cause what happened ?

possibly the connector, if its corroded it would cause that, or weird terminals at the radio. but its weird all that other stuff is out .

Would the 12 volt be a problem if it was not properly connected ?

what do you mean by that?