Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Both low beams quit working at the same time. 2008 mazda 3.

Customer Question
Both low beams quit...

Both low beams quit working at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2008 mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I hope to. I have not done anything. One of the lights was totally replaced 2 years ago because of a wreck. I suspect it might be a fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Head lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The older light quit working a week before the new one. Both high beams still work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does vehicle have daytime running lights?

No
I do not want you to call

This most likely means the low beam headlight relay has failed which is located on interior fuse box so start with that. If that doesn't help disconnect light switch and jump the black/green wire to the black/orange wire, if low beams turn on then headlight switch needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Where is the light switch?

It is built into the turn signal switch. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician