Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Air bag warning on instrument panel. Just bought it 2008…

Customer Question
Air bag warning on...

Air bag warning on instrument panel

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Just bought it 2008 with 80,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried a code reader but no codes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/18/2017
Mazda Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 2 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

The code reader you tried does it read the trouble codes in the airbag control module or only engine codes??

I don't think it reads airbag trouble codes
hello

Ok this is why it did not provide any faults for you what you will need to do is use a capable scan tool to see what faults you have stored in the airbag control module, can i ask what model vehicle this is ??

2008 mazda cx-7

ok the most common issue to trigger that light for this model is the passenger side harness for the passenger airbag in the dash there is a updated short harness for this but you need to know which trouble codes you have first before replacing anything.I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician