Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Maybe! I was leaving work and my key fob won’t open my Honda…

Customer Question
Maybe! I was leaving...

Maybe! I was leaving work and my key fob won’t open my Honda Civic. I tried the manual key inside the key fob and it won’t work either. I had no clue that there were any battery problems with my key fob or the car!

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Dealing with who’s exactly?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don’t think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/14/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you used the manual key what procedure did you utilize to open the door?