Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I see a previous question for the same thing about low beam…

Customer Question
I see a previous...

I see a previous question for the same thing about low beam head light

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

For what I can tell the fuses are ok and bought new bulbs which did not fix it. Also tried what I thought was the bad bulb in the opposite side and it worked fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

CX-9 Grand Touring 2010 with HID bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,For what I can tell the fuses are ok and bought new bulbs which did not fix it. Also tried what I thought was the bad bulb in the opposite side and it worked fine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
I the past the light has come on and off at times which makes me feel there could be something loose.
12/12/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 2 months ago
Ivan Alvarez

C​an you send me the vin number so I can pull up some wiring diagrams?

jm3tb3ma6a0232882
Mazda Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 2 months ago

Is it a touring, grand touring , or sport model? Also do you have a volt meter or test light?

It was top of the line at the time and I believe Grand Touring. Yes I have a volt meter.
Mazda Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok. I just want to confirm I'm looking at the right diagram. The wire colors showing for the low beam left side are red/blue wire and black. Right side red/green wire and a black. Does that match what is on your vehicle?

My problem is on the right side (passenger side) the wires enter the socket are red, green and yellow
Mazda Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok with the lights on go to the red/green wire and check for battery voltage. Let me know what you find.

I have to go out for a while and cannot respond back.
Mazda Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 2 months ago

No problem Just when ever u have a chance to get to it let me know and we can go from there.

Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez