Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have a mazda 6 2006 wagon. The low beams do not work and…

Customer Question
Hi pearl, I have...

Hi pearl, I have a mazda 6 2006 wagon. The low beams do not work and when I went to replace the bulb on the passenger side, no light is coming out at all. The fuses are ok but any advice on what I can do? Is it an electrical issue or was it too cold cause it is winter and maybe the exposed part when the hood was up got wet and short circuit while it snowed?? Do you have any tips on what I can do as now o am afraid to drive at night??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?

The bulbs for the low beam on either side don't work at all but now my issue is the passenger side of the headlights are no longer working along w the fog light. The driver side has a weak headlight but high beam is working and fog light still works. I have checked the fuses. They have not broken inside maybe there's some chipping on the 2 teeth? Would that be an issue? Like skin chips not cracks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself as I want to save some money for Christmas w my family. So far I have replaced the low beam bulbs only to find out neither side works and it was the fog lights that helped w illuminating at night time. But when I replaced the bulb tonight, ( the weather was some snow and cold). So now I need to fix my fog light next but after I made sure the main headlight and highbeam still worked I went to close the cover and repark the car and now all of the passenger side is not working at all. Worse than before. The driver side remains intact w headlight/highbeam/fog light working. I have checked the fuses again and still no change. Should I just replace all of the fuses?? Is it just a wait til it gets warmer for it to work again?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's all that I can think of right now thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I can help you address this as long as you have a volt meter and understand wire testing and or wire diagrams?

Hi Chris! I will be getting a volt meter tomorrow. Will get back to you tomorrow thanks!

Sounds good.

Are you still needing help?

Hi yes sorry would I be able to check back once I receive a voltmeter.
What can I do if it stopped working after I closed the hood cover?? Is there a possibility of loosened wires??

Yes, a wire damaged can be to blame for this. This is the wire diagram we are going to be working from. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uogqfkygk1cdy7t/mazda6.pdf?dl=0 Once you get the tool needed to diagnose, we can proceed and figure this out and resolve it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris, I now have a volt meter.
Now what should I do first?
  1. Under the hood are the low beam fuses HEAD LL and HEAD LR showing power with the low beams commanded on?
  2. Low beams commanded on, at the headlights is the black/red wire showing no resistance to chassis ground?
Is the battery ok to be connected? To clarify, is the engine is on while I test it on the fuses?

Battery needs to be connected, low beams on, engine running or not.

How come I was charged another 41$ on top 21$ and my issue has not been resolved

You would have to contact the website through the contact us link to discuss the membership plan you agreed to. That I have nothing to do with. I just answer questions and nothing more. I work for the customer independent from Just Answer.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician