Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Water pump replacement now I need to bleed the system

Customer Question
Water pump replacement now...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
What is taking so long
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

What is the year, model and engine size of your Mazda so that I can make sure I get you the correct procedure

Is anything happening

I asked you for the year, model and engine size of your Mazda almost 1/2 an hour ago and still waiting for this information from you

The reply just landed on my phone. It’s a 2007 2L

HI,

Here is the Mazda procedure for the 2L engine

Refill the coolant into the coolant reserve tank up to the MAX mark on the tank.
. Fully install the cooling system cap.

Caution:
- If the water temperature gauge rises too high, stop the engine and decrease the water temperature to prevent overheating. Then, verify the malfunctioning part and repair or replace it.
- If the engine coolant level in the coolant reserve tank is below the MIN mark during engine coolant air bleeding operation, stop the engine, and after the engine coolant temperature decreases, add engine coolant. Then, resume the engine coolant air bleeding operation.

. Start the engine and idle it until the thermometer indicator is in the center when the engine is at below 1,500 rpm.
. Bleed the air by following the procedures below. At this time, be careful of the coolant temperature to prevent overheating.

Note: If the accelerator pedal is depressed continuously for a specified time, the engine speed may decrease to the idle speed. This is due to the fuel cut control operation, which prevents overheating, and it does not indicate a malfunction.

(1) Run the engine at 2,500 rpm for 2 - 3 min, 2 times.
(2) Run the engine at 3,000 rpm for 5 s, then idle.
(3) Repeat steps (1), (2) twice.
. Stop the engine, and inspect the coolant level after the coolant temperature decreases (water temperature gauge indicates 'C' or less).
. Check the coolant level.
- If it is low, refill the coolant into the coolant reserve tank up to the MAX mark on the tank.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I’m a mechanic so you tell me

HI,

. Fully install the cooling system cap.

Caution:

(3) Repeat steps (1), (2) twice.
. Check the coolant level.

That is for a coolant flush of the rad. The block has no coolant in it and I’m not starting until it does All that info above is easily available on the web
Are you still there

I will opt out then as that is what Mazda lists for filling the cooling system after water pump replacement

Thanks for nothing
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager