Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have an issue that happened twice this week. I press the…

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue that happened twice this week. I press the brake and it very hard it won;t go down and I can't start the car. I give it a boost and it works. The lights worked when I got in the car...

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Inside lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2014 CX5 touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not a mechanic why would I do that? I just had it serviced 3 weeks ago. they said it was fine By a mazda authorized service

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/11/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

but few things you can try your self until scanned?

1-a low or weak battery will cause the the DSC system to act up and not allow the brake pedal to go down and then you can not start it ,but we have to test ,take it oiut and take it to local parts store and let them do a load test ,like advance auto or auto zone

2-check for loose or corroded battery cables at battery and starter ?

3-the brake booster provides the assist to push the brake pedal, but i doubt we have vacuum issue since the boost making it work ,but check for any vacuum leaks around brake booster

and also click on link to see the pdf file for the system wiring and troubleshoot steps and most possible causes if any of the warning lights are not coming on when switch on .

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat