Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Car won't start unless i go full throttle. Gas pedal to the…

Customer Question
Car won't start unless...

Car won't start unless i go full throttle

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Gas pedal to the floor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

I just put a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda?

Fired right up the first time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nah just the battery is good and the alternator

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/10/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Does it matter if it is hot or cold? How long since last tune up?

I think it does because it's been sitting a couple of days & i put a new battery today it fired right up but then after that it died & was super hard to get started again

So it dies on it's own ? When last tuned up?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

38; I haven't had a tune up since i got it a year ago

ok lets start by seeing if there are any trouble codes in the ECU . Also cleaning the throttle body and maf sensor. Do you need procedures to do these items?

that would be very helpful

Ok I will send you a couple you-tube videos showing these processes.

Let me know if this helps or you need further help.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician