Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Replaced battrey but car wont start now. Seen to be

Customer Question
Replaced battrey but car...

Replaced battrey but car wont start now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Seen to be good...would ut be immobilizer related?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2009 diesal mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery...now wont even try to turn over just lights come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No think thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/9/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you , I will try to assist you with this issue here

yes if all was working prior then you take the battery terminals off now the security system has triggered on , we can reset it manually or using a factory scanner

Use The procedure below

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

dident work
my key wont lock or unlock the car even do there is power in the car
If the locking system especially drive me side door the anti theft system will stay triggered on and want allow start up ,
how do i fux it
Fix
Car wont crank...even a little....lights come on dash ....key button to open car or unlock wont work aswell ...tried what u said still no luck...2009 mazda6 diesal 2ltr
At this time we need a factory scanner or equivelant to retrieve faultbcodes based on the codes retrieved we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate
The anti theft system has several components and to many to guess at its.
Run a digno?

ok what we got for faults ?

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat