Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

203 MAZDA TRIBUTE. Starts but will not go into gear. I have…

Customer Question
203 MAZDA TRIBUTE. Mechanic's...

203 MAZDA TRIBUTE.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tribute?

Starts but will not go into gear. I have reverse but no forward. it started out with just slipping in drive the it went out all together.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The trany is the same age as the car 2003 The Brake switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fluid. It looks to be just fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The tow light is flashing. I'm in Alaska, and the vehicle is subject to -5 weather.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/8/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** the vehicle run for 30 minutes to get warmed up and then put transmission in reverse and drive to see if it starts to move. If it does move or not then it is internal transmission seals are leaking and you can try to add a transmission seals conditioner to soften seals or it will need overhaul to replace stiff seals.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Do you have any other questions for me? If not then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and the question can be closed out. Thanks.