Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I was having a problem with the battery,had to get a boost…

Customer Question
I was having a...

I was having a problem with the battery,had to get a boost and it started,went and got a new battery had it put on and the 2001 Mazda B3000 truck would not start. I figured out it was the theft protection light was blinking,so had to leave it . Now how do I fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The theft light on the dash board. Yes it blinks as usual,then you turn the key to start it and it's a fast blink.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B3000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself. I've tried the spare key,shut the hood ,lock the doors,use the key to open the passage door, held down the fab in all modes,open,close,lock,alarm.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well I know it's not the alternator,starter,or battery.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** the light is rapid flashing then the PATS has dropped the key cut code and your only options are a locksmith or the dealer

Yeah,already figured that one out.So how do a regular person,fix it? And why did it happen? At least give me my money's worth of information.

you would need a Ford dealer IDS scan tool to reprogram the keys. if you don't use a battery saver before disconnecting the battery this is a very common problem that the computer loses the key code

you can try to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and try it again

Does it say use a battery saver in the manual? This is my 2nd battery,and didn't have to go through all this with the first one.

In the service manual? absolutely

To boost it off this morning I put it in neutral and pushed it back so I could get my other rig close to it,the battery had no charge left. I boosted it and it started right up. Drove it to get the new battery,so I killed it,went inside paid for the new battery,went back out to start it and that's when I noticed that that theft light was blinking fast. Is that when the problem started?

yes

Whatever,thanks. Read all that without paying for it. Check ya.

then you should have known my man.

Everyone knows your Man. RR.