Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Drew - my nearside brake light does not come on when i

Customer Question
Hi Drew - my nearside...
Hi Drew - my nearside brake light does not come on when i break, but the other side works fine. It is not the bulb as i have replaced with a new one (and checked it is working) i have recently had to fill up with brake fluid as it was VERY low. can you suggest anything
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
12/6/2017
Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

did you check for power at the light socket?

no i just tested the bulb which was ok. how would i check for power at light source

remove the bulb. put your red voltmeter lead in the center contact of the socket and the black lead to a ground. have someone step on the brake pedal and see if you get 12volts dc

i am not a meachanic and do not have a voltmeter lead. would the problem have anything to to with the brake fuild being low

not at the least. nothing to do with it.

i will have to take it to a garage to look at it then. thanks for oyour help

you may want to check the fuses first

would a broken fuse just effect one side

actually no, looking at the diagram it would affect the horn and both brake lights.

a lot of Mazdas have a separate fuse for each light. not yours

hows it going?