Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My car trunk was changed and now it does not lock. When I…

Hello. My car trunk...

Hello. My car trunk was changed and now it does not lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

When I use the lock button on the key all the doors lock but the trunk does not.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Mazda demio December 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Someone scanned the key to see if there was a problem with it but he found none. If possible I would like to try to fix myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

12/6/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would make sure when the trunk lid or trunk components were replaced that the latch/lock assembly was plugged in and is not damaged as this can cause this type of fault here.If this was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Thanks for your response. That was checked and seems to be okay. The trunk locked for a while whwn the vehicle was parked. However, after a short drive of about a mile it reverted to the same problem of not locking.

I apologize for the delay.

If you have not had the wiring checked leading to the lock assembly this should be done to see if any issues are found with any wiring.If a fault is found with any wiring it will need to be repaired to resolve this issue here.If this was also already checked let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician