Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 89 Mazda 323 it won't start when it's cold. The…

Customer Question
I have a 89...

I have a 89 Mazda 323 it won't start when it's cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is good I have replaced the plugs wires cap rotor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 323 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Plugs wires cap rotor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Does it start good when warm? The only time is when cold? Have you tried spraying cold start into the intake while cranking when cold to see if that helps?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

it starts easy when warm.

Ok what I am suspecting is the cold enrichment system not functioning, let me check what system is on your vehicle. Could you please tell me the engine in your vehicle .