Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I changed the battery but it still won’t start. No but I’ve…

Customer Question
I changed the battery...

I changed the battery but it still won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No but I’ve been jumped off twice I the last

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2014 Mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

46000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it sometimes starts with a jump then it just doesn’t

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/30/2017
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** you tell me if the car would start every time it was jumped?
Sometimes it would
Thank you. Most of the time this is not a battery issue. This vehicle has a history of remote key FOB operation. Most of the time the module that receives the signal from the FOB needs to be reprogrammed or replaced to fix this.