Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Sporadic issues with car losing all power, can't start it…

Customer Question
Sporadic issues with car...

Sporadic issues with car losing all power, can't start it with push button or with key inserted. When the brake pedal is depressed when this happens it feels as if all pressure is gone and no green light illuminates on the start button. battery is new and it does start with a jump. I have had additional issues with the electrical system in that Bluetooth and aux don't always function.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

All fluids were checked with my last oil change due for another soon

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2009 mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to figure out what is the issue then determine if it is something I can fix or not. I have changed the battery and the battery in the keyless entry main issue isn't brakes it's the loss of power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/30/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Mazda Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Does the antitheft/ security light on the dash come on when it fails to start?

Mazda Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Different expert here, do you still need help?