Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

We had a problem with a battery when car was left for longer…

Customer Question
We had a problem...

We had a problem with a battery when car was left for longer then a week but it did jump started no problem now it wont. It seems to have a power (all controls are on) but the engine does not start. There is also some security control light flashing on the control panel (car and a padlock).

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It does blink at first than stay steady it is a red car behind padlock symbol

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Mazda 6 2,2 diesel sport 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

2010, but it is Mazda 6, 2.2 diesel sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

MAZDA 6!!! We've just bought the car it had been serviced with Mazda by previous owner. We've tried to charge battery and unlock immobiliser using Mazda manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope except to not that it is 6 not 2

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/27/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, it will not start because the immobilizer has disabled the system.

First, try opening the driver door and lock the doors by the door lock switch and shut the door and unlock the door using the regular key

If no go, then lock and unlock the driver door 5 times within 5 seconds using the regular key