Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

No power getting to radio and cigar lighter. Car starting…

Customer Question
No power getting to...

No power getting to radio and cigar lighter. Car starting fine, fuses are all god except interior radio fuse. Replaced. Was wanting to know if ignition switch supplies power to this fuse then on to radio etc..battery good, start good..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power at all. Car fine, starts good just no power to radio or cigar. Circuit tested power to radio and cig, no power too both..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2000 protege 1.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Protege yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check main fuse box fuse that there's power to there and good voltage, power and voltage to starter, interior fuse box all except radio fuse is not getting power. Had a look at elect diagrams and I think that the only thing I could see was that from the main fuse box to ignition switch to fuse the radio was the only thing on that diagram that powered it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No you don't have to connect I was just asking if the ignition switch helped in powering radio etc..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/26/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The ignition switch will power the radio and lighter fuse when key is in accessory or run position. The power comes out of ignition switch on the black with white stripe wire and goes to power the fuse in fuse box. If you do not have power coming out of ignition switch on this wire then replaced switch.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Mazda Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.