Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I took my car in for inspection on the 20th and it failed…

I took my car...

I took my car in for inspection on the 20th and it failed emissions: DTC Failures: U0100, U0101, and U0155. The mechanic had no idea what these codes meant so I drove it to the garage where I had repairs done when my check engine light was on. They said these were false errors and to retest it again. By not turning my key in the on position, and hooking the machine up first, the false codes would not register. I took it back twice and the same codes are preventing me from getting my car legal. There is nothing that needs fixing other than the false codes. My husband died recently and I don't have time for driving all over from this garage to that one and back again. What do I need to do to get this fixed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The light isn't on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2003 Mazda 6.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I took it in for repairs in August because the check engine light was on. They replaced some hoses in addition to other repairs. The light stayed off until I brought it in for inspection.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

11/24/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Mazda released a service bulletin on the proper steps to erase these false codes. When they did this for you did they follow the steps in the bulletin?

The mechanic who performed the emissions test hooked the machine up first then turned the ignition on. He didn't know anything about the service bulletin. Was there something more that should have been done?

Have him have a look at the service bulletin to be sure he followed Mazda's steps, if he dose it as described in the service bulletin these codes should clear. See the bulletin in the link below and let him have a look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouahlol4mxr7if3/false%20code%20service%20bulletin%20Nov%2024.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you. I printed the bulletin and will take it with me when I bring my car in again.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.