Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

It is stuck in park. What part is needed to fix it? yes on

it is stuck in park...
it is stuck in park. What part is needed to fix it?
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: yes on brake lights, I think, and no trouble codes popped up.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2011 Mazda 6
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet. Husband wants to, but not mechanically inclined. I've only pushed a button near the gear shifter to get it out of park so I could get it home. I don't know what part is needed to fix the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it wouldn't go out of park tow other times just before it stopped all together. First time thought I may have had foot on gas but when I made sure I pushed on brake it went into reverese. Second time I knew I had foot on brake and took it off and tried again and it worked. These were just minutes within eachother.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

there is shift interlock solenoid at that shifter ,when the brake pedal is pressed and in part it supposed release it , you either have issue with brake light switch under the brake pedal or the shift interlock itself at the shifter itself

is the brakes lights still working when pedal pressed

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me go check

ok i be here

click on link to view diagram and solenoid location

Please let me know if you can view picture

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No brake lights at all

then you need the brake switch under the brake pedal replaced

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i could see it. Alright. Thank you very much for your help. Have a great Thanksgiving.

this the parts # needed and how to test it if your husband want to test it

2011 Mazda 6 L4-2.5L

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Brake Light Switch

Stoplamp Switch

part # GEG166490 $26.19

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B0.00.4

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

you too have happy thanks giving ,please remember to rate me before you exit by using stars on top of your screen

so i m compensated for my time

thank you

\chad

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Just rated you. Thank you once again.

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I will.
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat