Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Thank you for your expertise with my Mazda CX5. Since I did…

Hey Mike, thank you for...
Hey Mike, thank you for your expertise with my Mazda CX5. Since I did not completely complete the connection incorrectly of the terminals, - a tap of the wrong connection was all I needed to realize I was about to make the connection incorrect. The damage was minimal. One 25 amp fuse, and two 15 amp fuses were all I needed to replace. So, you were right in the first place, and should be paid. I just needed to exercise a little patience with the test light. Thank you. The car start's up. Only one problem still exists. The windows don't work. They did however, work after I connected the battery correctly. I checked the 30 amp fuse in the kick pannelike on the drivers side. It's fine. Do the windowsame need to be reprogrammed? Everything else is working. Just not the windows. What do you think?
The windows worked one time before I changed the blown fuses and got the car running.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/22/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Sorry to say I haven't got any info on the window issue. It's just to new for alldata. Figured I was right about the fuses and agree I should be paid, but won't be on that one even if you rate it. Glad it's running again. I just don't even have a wiring diagram for the windows. I would be surprised if it's not another blown fuse in the system someplace.

Thank you Mike for your response. I will go back over the fuses again. I didn't see a fuse for the widows under the hood.

Usually there will only be one, maybe 2 fuses and the window relay. I wish I had a wiring diagram to look at to give you a better idea. If all the windows stopped, and sounds silly, but make sure you didn't hit the lock button for the windows by accident. You never know, it could be that simple since they did work

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician