Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Have an 03 mazda 6 v6. Started to smoke whem under strain…

Customer Question
Have an 03 mazda 6...
Have an 03 mazda 6 v6. Started to smoke whem under strain and upon starting. Oilleak on front of engine. Lost power and stalled. Light knocking before stalling. After 20 minutes started again and wemt for 3 miles before losing power and stalling.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/22/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Whats was the oil level in the engine after it stalled?

Just at the minimum mark

I would pull the plugs and turn it over by hand and listen for any issues in the engine

It was also blwing air out of the h0se coming out of the front valve cover to the air intake and had oil pooling on the the two central valve cover bolts between the front spark plugs on the same valve cover

sounds like you may have a timing chain issue, I would try turn it over by hand to see if you can hear any internal issues

Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago

hows it coming?

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.