Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Have 2012 Mazda 3 sedan. Have a 2012 Mazda 3 Sedan, is there…

Customer Question
Have 2012 Mazda...

Have 2012 Mazda 3 sedan.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have a 2012 Mazda 3 Sedan, is there a way to run a wire from the license plate to the trunk to install a back up camera

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

After market

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/20/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Yes there is, once you have pulled off the inner lining of the trunk you will see there is a wire loom that all the wires run though , this is what you will want to use to run your wire with

Is it possible to get a picture of what this looks like?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5z308vx1ulchut/trim.docx?dl=0

Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago

did everything work out?