Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My CX7 won't start. Before I check the battery (47,000

Customer Question
My CX7 won't start...

My CX7 won't start. Before I check the battery (47,000 miles) or worse such as alternator, the key itself has a little light and when I push it, it turns red. I just had new batteries installed about 6 months ago. Is red normal? Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CX-7?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not car saavy at all. I am waiting for my son to check it for me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I saw the flashing light on my dash flashing with that theft signal. Is that something wrong. That was before it went dead a few days ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/20/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

Based off what you have described it sounds to me like either the theft system has activated, or the key fob has failed. If the light is staying on solid that means the fob is seeing an issue with the signal, which means the fob could have failed or the module in the car stopped receiving power.

I am going to send you a link with the instructions on how to reset the alarm system, try that and let me know the results. If it is still triggered than we will need a scan tool to clear it

Hello, any luck with this?