Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Went to start car today and it turned over fine but would…

Customer Question
Went to start car...

Went to start car today and it turned over fine but would not fire. Finally, I pumped the gas like crazy while cranking the engine over and it started and ran fine. We left the car in the drive for few hours, came back and tried again and it started right up. Is this a warning that a problem is in our future? Fuel pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2008 mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is a new issue and I have only done what I described earlier to the Mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is my son's car and he commutes to college. I just don't want him to have a break down if I can avoid it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/20/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

If I'm not mistaken your vehicle is fuel injected correct?

Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago

Then actually pumping the accelerator should not do anything as far as fuel is concerned , but can be a sticking throttle body. I would clean the throttle body as well as giving it a induction service. Do you wish to know how to do this yourself or have a shop do it?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Do myself if it isn't too involved...

Ok then I will provide you with the procedures tomorrow as it is late here , and I need to organize the info for you.