Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Rough and sluggish at low rpm. 2004 mazda6 4 cyl. I have…

Customer Question
Rough and sluggish at...

Rough and sluggish at low rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2004 mazda6 4 cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes .i have tried nothing yet still researching

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I pressure washed engine about 3 weeks ago when problem occurred

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Good with high miles no other problems

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 5 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello

Sorry for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

as you've washed the engine then its very likely that you've gotten water into 1 or more of the sensor connections

I'd suggest to disconnect the engine sensors 1 at a time and use some contact cleaner on the wiring loom connector and the sensor socket to flush out any residue and ideally use some compressed air ( a foot pump with a racing tyre nozzle, will also work well) to dry both parts

check the folowing:

Airflow meter
Crank position sensor
Cam position sensor
O2 sensor
Throttle position sensor

Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer