Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Rx 8 is turning over but wont run. 2007. Going to try to.

Customer Question
Rx 8 is turning...

Rx 8 is turning over but wont run

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RX?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Going to try to. haven't tried anything yet. it smelled like it was burning really rich and started backfiring and then check engine light started blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Kind of both hooked up obd and no codes popped up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that all I know so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/19/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

There are three areas that a code can sit in the ECU , pending, history and current . not all code readers have the ability to read all so I would like you to have auto-zone see if they may be able to do that . The other thing we can do is to determine if you have either a spark or fuel issue.