Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

A/c was working now it blows hot and when it's off it blows…

Customer Question
A/c was working now...

A/c was working now it blows hot and when it's off it blows hot air out by your feet 97 b4000

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

What

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B4000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing this just started but a couple months ago a/c was blowing hot through defrost that was a vacuum leak this is different

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/19/2017
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You may have a couple different issues going on and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may have a blend door issue but it may not be blowing cold due to an issue with the a/c system.

Are you able to change temperature at all?

Does it change modes correctly?

Have you checked to see if the a/c compressor is engaging?