Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I’m getting my kicked by a O4 Mazda 6 with 3.0. Car came in…

Hello i’m getting my butt...
Hello i’m getting my butt kicked by a O4 Mazda 6 with 3.0. Car came in with an intermittent misfire on cylinder4 and 6. I smoke test the intake and found big leaks in the intake so replaced the lower and upper intake gaskets. Now after the repairs the car wont start. It starts and stalls. Have no codes present. One thing that caught my Eye is when you put the key to the run position the fan kicks on and won’t shut off. I took the relay out for the fans so it wouldn’t drain my battery and noticed that when you leave the key on after a minute things start clicking in the engine compartment something inside the transmission and the throttlebody will click any ideas where to start completely frustrated. I’ve taken the intake off four times to inspect for connectors or any loose wires
11/17/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
Have you checked all the fuses? And can you monitor ect or cht and make sure they are not commanding the fan on?
ive checked all fuses. I havnt checked the pids yet to see if ect reading correctly. It’s acting like a ground problem it seems like but scan tool is communicating with everything just fine. It’s definitely a fuel problem because it will stay running with starting fluid and I have good fuel pressure. I took it take off to observe the injectors firing and they don’t seem to spray big amounts of fuel
The security light is not flashing on the dash when the key is turned on is it?
No already check security and working good. Has aftermarket alarm and also disconnected it thinking security issue but nothing
Have you tried disconnecting the Mas air flow sensor and seeing if it runs?
I dont believe that car has a mass air flow or does it? It has a aftermarket cold air intake on it and don’t recall seeing one. I will be back in the shop around 4 today to check but i just need to step away for a bit lol any other ideas? I wanted to think it was something that was messed with in the engine compartment but I think it’s time to do powers and grounds on PCM then check cam crank on scope
It does have a maf sensor. Make sure you have reference voltage at throttle body. Agree next step would be power and grounds at pcm.
Do you have access to anything diagrams that labels powers and grounds on PCM?
I do. There is an extra charge though from just answer for the access to the factory information
Will it be different than prodemand and alldata?
No. All data gets there info from factory manuals
how much extra where you going to charge for the diagram? I might become an expert my self. Lol i already have access to all data and prodemand.

If you have that you may have the info I do. But it is 8 dollars to have all the diagrams and info you need.

Finally fixed it the dude took a ground bolt out to install his cold air intake bracket and was not making good ground causing my injection pulse to weaken. Thanks for the help

Thats a good find. Nothing you caused either. Glad it is fixed. Thanks for letting me assist you and please take a quick second to rate Just Answer with the stars above. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician