Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have a 2010 mazda 6 the rear passenger side door wont open

Customer Question
(from inside or outside)....
I have a 2010 mazda 6 the rear passenger side door wont open (from inside or outside). The lock apears to be locking and unlocking normally...
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its a mazda6. I've removed the rear seat, and taken the 2 screws out (one behind level, 1 under the rubber mat in the handle. Cant seem to get the door card out...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, i think thats it
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Mazda
11/17/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 26 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3rftxmxl6x6sk6/door.docx?dl=0

here is the procedure that shows how to get the panel off

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
that doesn't help me too much. The door is closed, and I cant open it. Cant pull the door card out because it's stuck between the door and frame... Also, need to know how to ge the mechanism to open once i remove the door card. Is it easier, or possible to remove the entire door?

the only way is though the panel or to have a lock smith jimmy the lock on it

Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 13 days ago

hows it going

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.