Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Cannot find the radio fuse box where it is located. I do not…

Customer Question
Cannot find the radio...

Cannot find the radio fuse box where it is located. I do not have a service manual. The diagram does not indicate radio. Need help to locate the fuse. I have a Mazda 2000MVP

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, The car does not have a manual, I bought it used. Owners Manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

2000MVP

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checking both fuse boxes and see no bad fuses, under hood and under dashboard. Yes, no power to the Mazda radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/16/2017
Mazda Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

You will want to check the room fuse and the cigar fuse. They both run the radio.

Does your check engine light come on and stay on with the engine running?

If it goes out then the room fuse is good. The room fuse is fuse 11 and the cigar fuse is fuse 24 in the fuse box under the dash. If the room fuse is blown, do not replace it with the ignition switch in the run position.

Did not correct the situation, fuse name audio is okay and cigarette lighter is okay.
Mazda Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago

Did you check the fuse marked ROOM?

no radio on.

How did you check them?

Pulled fuse out with a plastic fuse puller. All fuses still good.

Do you have a digital volt meter or a test light so we can check them for voltage?

No, Can I purchase them at the auto store.

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going.

Tester does not work
Mazda Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago

Please tell me what you have, and how you where using it and lets see if it is the meter. You may not have it set correctly for the test you are trying to do.