Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My Mazda mpv 2003 model won't fire, the mechanic brought out…

Customer Question
My Mazda mpv 2003...

My Mazda mpv 2003 model won't fire, the mechanic brought out the ecu to found out one of the nozzle fuse is bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Have you ever worked on a similar issue before?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check the fuel pump, it pumps fine, nozzle valves are OK. Everywhere is airtight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/16/2017
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the injector fuse is blowing it is either due to a short to ground on the circuit or high current draw in a component on the circuit. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. In addition to the injectors, this circuit goes to the engine controller, evaporative emissions system leak detection pump, the mass airflow sensor and EGR valve. The issue could be in any one of these components or a short to ground on the circuit in between the fuse and any of these items.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.