Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

1997 mazda mpv. i replaced the two valve cover gasket, and…

Customer Question
1997 mazda mpv. i...

1997 mazda mpv. i replaced the two valve cover gasket, and now it wont start. have current at plug wires, but not from distributor cap wired

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes first time always started and ran well, except for oil leak. its a 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have spark to yhe plugs, but not at the distributor csp. yes i adoing this myself

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
11/16/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry no one has helped You slipped through the cracks or all have viewed and passed. Is there more you can add to your post which may help us more so we can help you. Another option is to just write out another concern you may have and we can try to help on that. I do not want you to feel like we are a scam or avoiding you. We want to help you but we want to make sure the help we provide is not in vain and you will be pleased.Chris
Hi Chris, not sure if i can explain this any other way. But will try
1997 mazda mpv 3.0
I removed the plenum to gain access to valve covers to replace gaskets. I released the ignition bolt without completly removing it, just enougn to remove cover.
Some of the emission tubes were brittle and broke. May also need diagram of that.
I suspect that the no start is because i might install them incorrectly.replace all because they were brittle.
I get 12 v to the coil electric connector on one side, and about 6 on the other prong.
I get spark from the plug. But none from the distributor lead.
Hope this helps
Ro

This is just not my area of expertise but I will try. Can you try these steps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vbne1r94dcnnrd/sparkmpv.png?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician