Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My Mazda drifter 2500 td is cracking the oil pipe that goes…

Customer Question
Hi . My Mazda...

Hi . My Mazda drifter 2500 td is cracking the oil pipe that goes from the top of the turbo to the water cooler jacket on the side of the motor. The motor was resently overhauled an a new cylinder head fitted but there is more vibration than the original motor--could this be the cause and how do I get rid of the vibration. thanks phil

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

2000 kms ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes--reset timing that was out. the pipe cost R1560 each time so anxious to solve the problem before refitting another

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can the engine mountings be the cause of the vibration which are by no means excessive

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

When you shift from park to reverse or park to drive, is there any lunging/jumping from the engine?

Not that I'm aware of
Ive not had any usable answer to my questions on vibrations being the cause of the cracking pipes. Doubt that a phone call will resolve that and just cost me more money. As the engine and turbo are all bolted together as a unit I doubt that vibration is the issue but don't know what else could cause this especially as the vibration is only slightly more than it should be in my opinion
Ive still had no answer to my questions
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 5 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello

another expert here

the oil pipe shouldn't be cracking like this

I'd suggest to 1st check for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

I'd also check that the oil pipe is properly secured to the engine, there should be a 'P ' clip halfway along its length to secure it and prevent it from vibrating too much

also check that the exhaust isn't touching the car body as this can 'short circuit' the anti-vibration mounts and also create issues

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer