Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Bsmproblon. 2009. Me no pike egle to moch

Customer Question
2009 Mechanic's Assistant: Are...

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Me no pike egle to moch

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mazda
It an cx-9 2009
It a mazda cx-9 09’ the bsm light keeps turning on
11/12/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Is the light flashing?

The Blind Spot Module is no good

1. Visually inspect the right side BSM control module. Look for loose connections, or obvious damage or water intrusion.

2. Check to see if you can establish communication with the right side BSM with a scan tool.

3. Check the right side BSM for power on pin B Black/Yellow wire, this should be battery voltage and light a test light bulb brightly.

4. Check the right side BSM for ground on pin A Black wire. You should have .05 V or less here, add a ground as needed.

5. Check the CAN lines to the BSM control module on pins H Red and G Blue. Expect between 2.3-2.7 V on these. Compare to the left side.

It will either be the left side module or right side module

You need scan tool that will read the BSM to see which of the two is bad

If you have time, please take a moment to leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the question, it will mean so much to me :). We can still continue the question if you have more questions after rating me :). It was my pleasure.