Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

On September 5th 2017 I took possession of my 2017 new

Customer Question
On September 5th 2017...

On September 5th 2017 I took possession of my 2017 new Mazda3 Sprt.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda3?

Sorry Last week I noticed what I thought were scratches (2017 Mazda new) and took it to the dealer. HE said it was tree sap and it could not be buffed out because it had eaten down to the car itself. TOld me to go to their other dealer about getting in painted. HELP. I just bought the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the dealer, that's all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible that after only 2 months it cannot be repaired?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/10/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are doing great! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this.

First off, congrats on the new car!! I love the 3 series, I know you will too!!

So, with all the trees we have here in Colorado I have seen this happen a few times. The dealer is probably telling you that it is un-repairable because either they cannot do it, or do not have the correct supplies. At this point I would recommend taking it and talking to a reputable body shop, they will be able to repair the spot no problem, and it will not be a big expense either :)

Let me know if you have any more questions or need any recommendations