Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have two issues, one if which I'm pretty sure about what's

Customer Question

I have two issues, one if which I'm pretty sure about what's wrong but a second opinion never hurts. First, my panic alarm goes off for absolutely no reason. Second, the vehicles starts right up in the morning and after work, but if I stop and turn the car off it takes 5-6 seconds longer to start
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: The legless entry silences the panic and works without a problem. I haven't tried using the key because it turns off as soon as I unlock the car with the legless entry. The car is 2004 rx8
JA: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've only researched possible issues with the warm start issue. I've found that there was an issue with first series starter motors. There's only 65000 miles on the car. The panic alarm just became a more burdensome issue today. It's gone off three times for no reason
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 1 year ago.
Do you want help with both issues ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I really think my warm/hot start issue is indeed the starter motor. The panic alarm is a head scratched for me