Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Semms to be the starter but not entirely surew. Thats the…

Customer Question
Semms to be the...

Semms to be the starter but not entirely surew

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Thats the thing i dont get a single noise i hear relays click but thats it no starter click

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

03 6 with the 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far i have gotten it to start by swaping out some old fuses with new clean ones and got it to start after that for about a week

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mazda
11/9/2017
Mazda Mechanic: EricFromCT, Auto Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It is possible that Just Answer may send you a phone call request on my behalf. Feel free to not accept this unless you want a phone call. If you decline there will be no additional charges.

It is possible that you have a starter that is bad. The only way to verify if the starter is the problem or not, is to use a test light. When someone turns the ignition key to the START position, use a test light on the small trigger wire of the starter. If the starter is getting power on that wire when the key is in the START position, then the wiring is good and the starter is no good.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.