Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

It will turn over but won't start. The battery is good. I…

It will turn over...

It will turn over but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is good. I had my ignition replaced some years back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2008 Mazda Tribute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried to crank it. I usually get it started after about the 6th try but it won't start anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

10/19/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a check engine or security light or any other lights on in the dash ?

ok which one ?

Check engine
the anti theft light is blinking

ok with the theft light blinking you wont be able to start the vehicle, have you tried other keys yet?

It just started yesterday but the only light that was on yesterday was the check engine and tire pressure

once those come on none go out they all stay on?

No they all stay on now

there could be a module issue going on, the next step is to have a scanner or code reader connected to see whats going on in the computer system

I don't have the technology, do I need to get it towed anywhere? Will I have to spend a lot of money to get this fixed?

you can try a system reset and see if that remedy's anything, remove negative battery cable then positive, touch both ends together for 1 min wait 30 more then re connect positive then negative, try to start with a different key, if that dosent work then yes it will need to be towed and there is no way to tell at this time what the cost of repair is without doing a diagnostics, the only for sure costs I can say is a 1 hour diag at any shop will cover to whats wrong with it and know what you need to fix it for the shop labor rate

Still won't crank

it hasent been 30 mins?

Oh ok sorry, misread the instructions
Starting over
But I dont have a different key

then just use the one you have and try it

No crank

ok so it will have to be towed, when you find out what the problem is before you approve anything let me know what the diagnosis is so I can make sure everything is on the up and up with the repair facility.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

Ok so do I rate you after I get it towed and figure out what's wrong?

you can rate anytime

Ok and will I be able to tell you what's wrong or will I have to pay again?

this question is the one time fee you paid even if it spans over a few days, so there are no extra charges or things of that nature

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Ok how do I rate you? Thank you so much
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician