Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The button in the trunk was pushed and key fob and button in…

Customer Question
The button in the...

The button in the trunk was pushed and key fob and button in car are deactivated. The manual key release that is normally used is broken, turn key trunk will not open. How can I get the trunk open?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

What does that have to do with the trunk? Key is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2006 Miata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've not tried anything yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 2 days by:
10/18/2017
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Not my specialty but I will try to help.

Are you able to get the back seat down?