Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

My 2003 Mazda B3000 lurches or cuts out at 3100 RPM. Any

Gear . Jerks for half...
My 2003 Mazda B3000 lurches or cuts out at 3100 RPM. Any Gear . Jerks for half a second.
10/14/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so are you getting any check engine lights or warning lights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

does it feel like its in the trans or engine??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At first I thought it was trans but now I think its electrical/ engine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At first I thought it was trans but now I think its electrical/ engine. Could be vacuum ?

what happens when you slowly accelerate in park past 3100?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just revved it up in Neutral . 3500 RPM. No problems.

I wouldnt think it would be a vac issue, I was thinking more a TPS sensor or IAC sensor, in cases like these with no codes I always start with the basics and thats a TB clean, MAF clean, and IAC clean and total reset of the system, and see how it changes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it happens going up hills at a lower RPM

so under a load essentially? that would make me think a tune up or ignition issue, also could be fuel delivery, but with no codes its a step by step process, those 3 things I mentioned earlier need to be done atleast every 30k. I would start with that and if it dosent clear up work your way down the line,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll go with ignition, Just had it tuned up. new coil / plugs.

you could still have a coil or plug be bad, the porcelain on those are very delicate and could have a hair line fracture that is hard to see with the eye, I wouldnt rule it out yet until some proper testing is done

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician